LFR Club Championship Rules
All LFR members are eligible to enter the LFR Club Championship. The current championship season runs from 1st June 2016 to April 2017. Members can submit race times for the following distances: 1 mile, 5k, 5 mile, 10k, 10 mile, Half-Marathon and Marathon from any race. Most years gone by, the winner of the club championship has been the person that has entered at least one event from all distances. Full championship rules can be found below.
1. The times recorded at any EA or ARC accredited event are eligible to count towards the Club Championship. Members should try to enter at least one event at each distance, but can enter as many as they wish and submit the fastest time achieved for the championship. Only official recorded race times (chip will be given priority over gun) will be accepted. Personally recorded times are not acceptable.
2. It is the member’s responsibility to notify the Championship secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) whenever a faster qualifying time is achieved. To submit a time, members must send date of birth, the name of the event and the official race time. All race event must be between 1st June 2016 and the 1st May 2017.
3. Results will be collected by the Championship Secretary. Times will be adjusted for age as of 1st June 2016 & gender using the http://www.runnersworld.com/tools/age-grade-calculator and the 2015 WMA data. All points from each event are then totalled to give a final championship figure. The higher the aggregate score the higher the place in the championship league.
4. At the end of the season, the "best 5 from 7" points are added together to reach a grand total. Awards are made for 1st, 2nd & 3rd. As the points are already adjusted for Age & Gender, the final awards are not split by gender or age.
5. Park Runs nationwide count as a championship time. Milton Keynes Park Run times will automatically be submitted but please send other Park Run times to email@example.com
6. 2nd Claim Club Members - For those members with dual membership with another club, for a time to count in the LFR Championship you must enter the race with LFR as your club.
7. When entering a race event, remember to enter as a member of LFR; this will make it easier for the Championship secretary to verify the race details and official time.
8. LFR will host a minimum of two one-mile events on a club night and at weekends. There will be a warm up before and warm down after the mile race with the total distance being at least 3 miles. Times recorded at these events will count towards the championship.
9. LFR will remind members about suggested events on Facebook, in the weekly newsletter and at club nights.