Important Update on EA & Government guidance 17th May 2021
As you are no doubt aware, the Governments Roadmap to easing lockdown restrictions takes affect from today, Monday 17th May.
Detailed below is how it will effect us as a club, and you as our members.
As we move into Step 3 of the roadmap, and having reviewed and considered the guidelines we are introducing the following changes to LFR club runs:
- Photographs before / after runs can now feature up to 30 people, although social distancing guidelines remain.
- The standard group size will be increased from 1 Run leader to 12 runners.
- Larger groups will be permitted providing there is also a designated tail runner and it is reasonable to do so. E.g., trail runs & social groups: The maximum being 1 Run Leader, 1 Tail runner and 24 runners.
- For this coming week, there will be no change to what has been organised, although of course you can have photos with larger groups.
- The club documentation on the website will be updated to reflect these changes.
For clarity the following guidance remains in place:
- Run leaders should avoid busy areas, narrow alleyways and the towpath and give way to other pedestrians.
- The booking system will remain in place, and runs must be booked in advance, this is to comply with our Track & Trace obligations.
- You must follow Government & NHS guidance regarding hygiene and social distancing.
- Avoid socialising before and after the session.
- Do not run if you have symptoms or are isolating.
- Notify the Covid-Coordinators if you test positive following a run.
We appreciate you may think that the group sizes could be larger under the new rules, so we have set out the rationale below:
- EA Guidance on Run Leaders to runners is 1:12, this is regardless of Covid considerations and therefore should be a normal group size.
- Larger groups, whilst technically allowed, may still seem intimidating and we do not want to tarnish the clubs reputation so will limit these to where it seems reasonable and still apply the EA ratios.
- Most of our runs are still based around town and 12 seems a reasonable manageable group size.
If you have any concerns please feel free to contact
I thank you all for your continued support as we move to the next stage of the road map.
Stay safe and happy running!